Knowing how much house you can afford is just a starting point in your search for a new home. Getting pre-qualified is a great way to find out your maximum purchase price. The next step is equally important – finding that home that fits your needs while still being affordable and obtainable. By answering the following questions, you can narrow down what home features are most important to you:
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- Do you want a new home or would you prefer an older one?
- Are there special features you must have?
- Is the school district a factor for you?
- Do you want to be close to a shopping center?
- Is commuting to work an issue? If so, how far are you willing to drive?
- Will you accept any style of home? What about colors?
- Do you want a fireplace, pool and/or air conditioning?
Searching for a new home can be overwhelming. You may see five or more homes in one day! Here are a few tips to make it a bit easier!
- Take a notepad and map with you. Save each home’s fact sheet.
- Limit the homes you look at in one session to three, so you can focus on the details.
- Take a picture of the homes that appeal to you, so you can remember their features.
- Make sketches of floor plans to help you compare the homes you like.
- Ask questions about any problems in the home before you make an offer.
I hope these tips help you find the home of your dreams!
I look forward to assisting you with financing, and please keep me in mind if you know anyone who could benefit from my services.