If you are refinancing or purchasing a home, the following is a general list of documents you will need to provide along with your loan application:
- W-2 for 2 years
- 2 months Pay-stubs
- Tax returns for the last two years
- 2 months Bank statements
- Copy of 401k /IRA for all accounts and all pages (if applicable)
- Copy of life insurance (if applicable)
- Most recent Mortgage statement (if refinancing)
- Copy of Homeowner insurance (if refinancing)
- Colored copy of the driving license for every borrower
- Colored copy of green cards (if applicable)
Provide, in addition to the above income documents:
- the last two years of the business tax returns
- the last two years of the individual tax returns
- year to date profit and loss statement
- letter from your CPA on CPA’s letterhead stating how long they have been your CPA, verifying name of your business, and how long you have been self-employed.
- If divorce, provide a copy of the final divorce documents including the Divorce Decree (if obligated to pay support or if claiming alimony or child support as income in support of application).
- If Bankruptcy within the last 7 years, provide copy of all the Bankruptcy pages.
- If you have a second loan on the subject property, provide copy of the note for subordination.
- If FHA streamline, provide the last HUD 1
- if Purchase a new house, Provide a copy of the executed purchase agreement along with all the addendums signed by all buyers and sellers.
- If you are renting now, provide a copy of the last 12 months cancelled checks that show that you paid your mortgage.