Job : Loan Origination
Primary Location: California
Organization: Retail Financial Services
Schedule: Full-time / Part time
Play a vital role in the residential mortgage industry at Blackstone Financial, Inc., a growing San Diego, CA-based company that specializes in residential and commercial mortgages. We are looking for experienced loan officers and originators with sales success in all mortgage loan products (conventional, FHA, VA, etc.). We want motivated professionals who can build long-term relationships, provide the best mortgage services, and help our clients meet their financial goals.
- Counsel new and existing customers on various loan programs appropriate for their specific financial needs.
- Obtain and analyze pertinent financial and credit data.
- Analyze current rates and programs to provide accurate and timely information to customers.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of loans.
- Work with customers and outside parties such as title, escrow officers, and realtors to ensure efficient loan closing.
- Stay informed regarding changing mortgage rules and regulations.
- Conduct business in conformance with RESPA, HAMDA, and Fair Lending Practices and all state and federal regulations.
- 2-5 years of mortgage lending with proven sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in sales and/or real estate preferred but not required.
- Marketing, promoting, relationship building, and consulting skills.
- Intermediate PC skills in Calyx point and Windows environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience building and maintaining excellent relationships with customers.
- Knowledge of real estate market in local area.
- Knowledge of FHA, VA, FNMA, and FHLMC guidelines.
- Consultative skills to provide recommendations based on financial analysis, expertise, product knowledge, and knowledge of the customer's specific financial needs, goals, and circumstances.
- Ability to promote mortgage loan originations.
- Ability to function well with light supervision.
- Experience identifying and analyzing borrower income.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and mathematical skills.
This position requires:
- 1. California Department of Real Estate (DRE) license.
- 2. National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. Upon active employment, you will be required to move your previous registration to Blackstone Financial, Inc. Continued employment in this position with Blackstone Financial, Inc. is contingent upon successful registration immediately after your start date and annual renewal of your registration thereafter. Information obtained during the registration process may impact employment with the firm.
Further information about NMLS and the requirements of registration can be found at:
If you are interested and qualified, please submit your resume below. Thank you.